- Take a French Class.
- WRITE IN RED INK. The color red “binds” into our memory better than other colors.
- PLAY PING-PONG. Table tennis can improve attention, concentration and may prevent dementia, plus it’s fun!
- Close your Eyes.
- Brush your Teeth with your Other Hand.
- Lower Blood Sugar.
- DO A DAILY MEDITATION. In 8-weeks a daily mindfulness break can improve connectivity in the brain in 55 to 90 year olds. Plus may slow Alzheimer’s progression and decreases stress.
- Eat Avocado.
- Consider a Daily Low-Dose Aspirin.
- FALL PROOF YOUR HOUSE. One study found that even a single trauma to the brain may lead to Alzheimer’s. So nail down rugs, install handrails, and wear proper shoes.
Want a healthier, sharper, better-functioning brain? It’s easier than you may think. Try these simple, science based tips to power up your brain.