Here are 5 tips we found while going through the Thanksgiving menu provided by the USDA!
- Enjoy something special, even if you are cooking for one or two people. Instead of cooking an entire turkey, try purchasing a turkey breast. The turkey can be seasoned and cooked to perfection with minimal ingredients.
- Trying to please a vegetarian? Try a yummy baked tofu that can be served in place of meat.
- Trying to cut the fat? Remember you can still eat the mash potatoes, just try and use nonfat or low-fat milk instead of the full fat or 2% milk.
- Wanting to try something new? Try the protein packed Hearty Mash potatoes that include garbanzo beans.
- Don't forget your fruit! Try the Cranberry Sauce and/or the Apple Cranberry Salad!
Whatever you choose to eat, we hope you are surrounded by friends, family, or neighbors. We wish you a wonderful week and safe travels!