- Take a French Class.
- WRITE IN RED INK. The color red “binds” into our memory better than other colors.
- PLAY PING-PONG. Table tennis can improve attention, concentration and may prevent dementia, plus it’s fun!
- Close your Eyes.
- Brush your Teeth with your Other Hand.
- Lower Blood Sugar.
- DO A DAILY MEDITATION. In 8-weeks a daily mindfulness break can improve connectivity in the brain in 55 to 90 year olds. Plus may slow Alzheimer’s progression and decreases stress.
- Eat Avocado.
- Consider a Daily Low-Dose Aspirin.
- FALL PROOF YOUR HOUSE. One study found that even a single trauma to the brain may lead to Alzheimer’s. So nail down rugs, install handrails, and wear proper shoes.
Want a healthier, sharper, better-functioning brain? It’s easier than you may think. Try these simple, science based tips to power up your brain.
We love being healthy and sharing with the community how to be happy, healthy, and strong!
Samantha Borba, M.A.
Erlinda Bourcier, B.A.
Jessica Shupp, B.A.
Jonathan Denney, B.A.
Kim Viviano, B.A.