- Walk in the earlier hours of the day.
- Stay hydrated by bringing a water bottle with you along your walk.
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Protect your eyes by wearing sunglasses.
- Wear sunscreen or a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
If you are interested in participating in a walking program Healthy Aging Association offers the S.T.E.P.S. (Seniors Tracking Exercise in Perfect Strides) program with two 12-week challenges, one offered in the Spring and the other offered in the Fall. Participants track the miles they walk either at the Vintage Faire Mall or in their neighborhood and earn rewards for all the miles they walk. For more information you can visit the S.T.E.P.S. page by clicking here.
Also, we have created a designated walking route surrounding the Ceres Community Center if you live or frequent this area. The measured walking route was created to aid walkers in tracking their miles walked and encourage them to walk with friends or family members for enjoyment and exercise. The brochure for the Ceres Walking Route can be found by clicking here or by picking up a brochure at the Ceres Community Center.